Technical Assistance Partnership Forum at the SyracuseCoE Symposium
Tuesday, Sept. 28
10:00 - 2:00 PM
Downloadable PDF Flier
The Technical Assistance Partnership Forum (TAPF) will include policy and funding updates and a presentation by Sam Gordon of the CNY Regional Planning and Development Board to discuss Municipal energy efficiency and climate change. This TAPF will be part of the 10th Annual Symposium on Environmental and Energy Systems hosted by the Syracuse Center of Excellence: "Restoring Sustainable, Healthy Communities." TAPF registrants have the opportunity to receive a 40% discount to both days of the Symposium and might be most interested in the Community sessions (details at the bottom of this page) to be held on Monday, Sept. 27.
TAPF Agenda - Tuesday, Sept. 28
10:00 - 10:15 Welcome and Introductions
10:15 - 11:45 Federal Updates: Dave Miller, USDA; State Updates: President and CEO Matthew Driscoll, NYSEFC and Kyle Wilber, NYSDOS
11:45 - 12:00 Federal Policy Update: EFC
12:15 - 1:00 Lunch
1:00 -1:45 Municipal Innovation and Climate Change: Improving Energy Management in CNY Sam Gordon, CNYRPDB
1:45 - 2:00 Closing Discussion
The one-day TAPF program is $35, and includes lunch. Register for TAPF by clicking here.
These SyracuseCoE Symposium sessions are sponsored by the EFC and will take place on Monday, Sept. 27.
Water Resources – New Programs for Water Quality Protection
• Matt Millea, Deputy County Executive for Physical Services,Onondaga County (invited)
• Erick McCandless, NYS Environmental Facilities Corporation
• Kevin Millington, NYS Dept of State Division of Coastal Resources
Clean and Renewable Energy – Case Studies from NYS communities
• Frank Howe, Cayuga County Planning
• Jim Zecca, Director, Madison County Dept. of Solid Waste
• Karen Villeneuve, Director, Residential Efficiency and Affordability Program, NYSERDA
Energy Efficient Buildings – Municipal Energy Efficiency Incentives and Implementations
• Samuel Chu, Director of the Long Island Green Homes Program
• Anne Spaulding, Senior Environmental Specialist, City of Rochester
• Terese Kinsley, Chief Sustainability Officer, Town of Huntington
This two-day program includes both the Tuesday TAPF program as well as the full SyracuseCoE Symposium programming on Monday, Sept. 27. To register for the TAPF and SyracuseCoE Symposium, click here and use 40% discount code EFC2010 for the full Symposium.